Thursday 6 February 2014

Excellence

I remember a few years ago, when my sister was my age, that she always had troubles closing her wardrobe. Here I am on the other hand, having troubles finding places for my books and pens instead. I'll admit it - I'm a serious hoarder where it comes to stationery.  And where stationery is concerned, Kikki.K is my favourite.


Kikki.K can be a bit pricier where stationery goods are concerned, which is a downside seeing how most of my money ends up being spent there where cheaper alternatives can be found elsewhere. It does help though that Kikki K gives out vouchers twice a year to its members - $10 vouchers, which does not sound like much, but it did give me the free polka-dot tote bag shown below that was $9.95. They also do have good sales, which I always look out for.


Their products are definitely pricey, but they do come with the promise of quality. I tell myself this all the time as I line up to pay at the registers, sure to get another berating from mum when she sees that I’ve bought yet again more stationery.


Aside from stationery most of the money I have, that is supposed to be redirected into my savings account, is often spent on useless products as these. To be honest, I wonder why I buy these things sometimes. The $2.80 solar sunflower bobble below unfortunately does not work.  However, it is cute as it is, so it now sits on my tabletop as a little decoration piece.


On a side note, Melbourne's going through another heat wave again. This is by far the worst summer ever, with over five days of 40 degree weather. It's been a total killer. Frankly speaking I can't wait for autumn and winter!

Bloo.

1 comment: